Decrease your screen brightness
And there goes my first tip for you.
Trust me, if you really want to improve your battery perfomance you have got to harken to this advice. You have to (decrease yur screen brightness).
Turn off your vibration
You know that little dance wiggle and jiggle your phone does when people remember that you exist and place a call through? or when you have a notification? It’s is called vibration right?
Close apps you’re not using
Here’s one that most people don’t care about.
Are you the type that opens over 1000 Apps and forgets to close them? Well, you have to change your style to save battery life on Android.
An extra tip on closing apps is to check the battery graph on your phone. This shows you what is taking what out of your battery so that you can chose what stays or goes.
You’re welcome.
A lot of you may not have realized this but Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and data connection love batteries. They are literally in what I would call a parasitic relationship.
Keep your phone cool
This is as easy as you wearing a hat to shade you from the sun.
Phones (batteries) have voices and I stand with them. You can’t be in the shade and leave your phone in the sun. It’s not fair! Please keep them away from the sun and heat, as often as possible.
I wouldn’t want to go all geeky or techy on this, but trust me when I say keeping your phone at a cool temperature is another method of saving Android battery life.
Reduce screen timeout
What is screen timeout?
Every android phone comes with an option to choose how long your phone screen stays on when it’s inactive. Choosing the lowest possible option makes for an extended battery life.
If your Android screen timeout was set to 1 minute or less, this would be a good thing. Because after the time elapses the screen will sleep and thus save battery life on Android.
Power saving mode
I would love to render my sincerest appreciation to phone manufacturers for this option and offer a huge apology to our batteries for ignoring it.
In case you think all I said earlier takes a little too much time to do, then go to your phone’s power saving management settings and chose a power saving mode that best suits you at the time.
When my phone is below 6% and there’s no power supply, chances are that I’ll put it on ultra-lower power mode to save my juice until I have a power source available.
Don’t overcharge your Android Battery
Some days ago I wrote an Article on the ways you can charge Android faster. You should check it out.
But does this mean you should charge your device 18 hours every day?
No!
Do not overcharge your battery, if you do, you make your battery weaker and weaker.
Turn off haptic feedback
These are the feedbacks such as the vibration you get when you use soft keys or interact with certain UI’s.
Just like everything else, they need battery life to survive. If they’re not absolutely necessary, I suggest you turn them off. I turn mine off because I think they’re an unnecessary luxury.
Reboot occasionally
Clean slate. Sometimes what the phone battery needs is time to clear its head and unwind. That’s not too much to ask, is it?
Turn off app notifications
Tired of turning things off just to save battery life on your Android phone.
Like Facebook and twitter. Unless absolutely necessary, you should turn these off because even if the app isn’t running, they still need to poll into your network to be able to deliver notifications and the more polling there is, the less battery you have.
No comments :
Post a Comment